- Thematic Netwoks
Thematic Networks are associations of research groups, from public or private entities from CYTED member countries, whose scientific or technological activities are related within a common area of interest.
Among the participating groups, Thematic Networks aim to promote
• Stable and continuous scientific interactions.
• Exchange of scientific and technical knowledge of mutual interest.
• Empowerment and synergistic coordination of its lines of R&D.
• Exchanges and mobility of research staff.
• Training of human resources.
• Technical and methodological training.
• Preparation of proposals for potential IBEROEKA research or innovation projects.
• Dissemination and technology transfer between groups or entities, provided they are technically, economically and commercially viable.
Thematic Networks are primarily aimed at knowledge exchange among research groups and enhancing cooperation as a working method.
- Coordination Actions
Research Projects Coordination Actions aim to support the mobility of participants in an R&D projects conducted by research groups from public and private entities in CYTED member countries, forming a multidisciplinary team of international character. The main objective of these Actions should be the transfer of results to the production or service systems of participating countries.
It is also desirable that the Research Projects Coordination Actions can promote future IBEROEKA Innovation projects to commercially exploit the fruits of the investigation.
The implementation of these projects, plus the mobility of researchers, enables the development of human resources, methodological and technical exchanges, etc., which not only result in an optimization of the resources placed in the project, but produce a general increase in the scientific and technical level of all participating groups.
Research Projects Coordination Actions should integrate a minimum of six participants from at least six members of the CYTED Program, with the widest possible geographical coverage being positively considered. Their maximum duration is 4 years.